Office Hours Calls
Our nurses return calls during business hours as time permits. If the matter is urgent, please notify our phone operator so that the nurse can confer with you in the timeliest manner possible. Please understand that calls for test results and prescription refills will be returned after urgent patient needs are met.
We ask that you remember that physicians' schedules are long and demanding. It may be late in the afternoon after all patients are seen, or sometimes the following days before non urgent calls are returned.
Monday:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
We are closed on federal holidays.
Please call our office during regular office hours:
- If you have questions about your medication, treatment or side effects.
- If you are having nutrition problems.
- If you need a prescription refilled.
- Please call by 3:00 P.M. and have your pharmacy's phone number available.
- For narcotics such as Percocet, MS Contin or Oxycontin, plan to either come into the office for a written prescription or allow 5 days for the written prescription to be mailed. By law, your pharmacy must have a written prescription. No narcotic prescriptions can be written on weekends.
- For lab tests or scans, please know that results usually take:
- Scans: 48-72 hours
- Tumor markers: 72 hours
- Bone marrow: 7-10 days
- Pathology Reports: 3-5 days
- If you’ve heard about a new treatment.
- If you notice new numbness or tingling of fingers or toes.
Never hesitate to call us for any problem that is important to you. There is no need to be miserable. If a certain medication is not working, call and let us know. Chances are, we can prescribe or suggest something to make you more comfortable.